“…Instead, in the American Jobs Act, Obama is proposing a new group of czars as a part of his ‘jobs’ act– the American Infrastructure Financing Authority (AIFA) czars. President Obama’s newest czars will be given the authority to manage over a trillion dollars of federal funding for roads, bridges, buildings, waterways, dams and other infrastructure….
… As with Obama’s other czars, the AIFA czar comes with infrastructure requirements of his own: staff, office space and technology needed to perform the job. Managing what is in reality a trillion dollar budget is going to require a huge new staff that will, essentially represent an entire new federal agency. Of course, nowhere does President Obama tell us why a new czar is required to manage infrastructure projects. More importantly, Obama does not explain why the vast federal bureaucracy now responsible for these activities must be bypassed and a new, redundant agency is built.
Make no mistake: the AIFA Czar position is redundant. All of the infrastructure projects and tasks identified to be performed by Obama’s new Czar are already the responsibilities of the Senate-confirmed heads of Department of Transportation, the U.S. General Services Administration and the Department of Energy.
Some of these tasks are:
- ‘oversee entering into and carry out contracts, leases, cooperative agreements or any other transactions as are necessary’
- to approve the acquisition, lease, pledge, exchange and disposal of real personal property
- to review all financial assistance packages to all eligible infrastructure projects’ which includes ‘any non-Federal transportation, water, or energy infrastructure project, or an aggregation of such infrastructure projects, as provided in this Act.
- the construction, alteration, or repair, including the facilitation of intermodal transit, of the following subsectors:
· Highways or roads.
· Mass transit.
· Inland waterways.
· Commercial ports.
· Air traffic control systems.
· Passenger rail, including high-speed rail.
· Freight rail systems.
· Waterwaste treatment facilities.
· Storm water management systems.
· Solid waste disposal facilities.
· Drinking water treatment facilities.
· Open space management systems.
· Pollution reduced energy generation.
· Transmission and distribution.
· Energy efficiency enhancements for buildings, including public and commercial buildings…”
The American Jobs Act is about POWER, Progressives taking our hard earned money, further shredding the U. S. Constitution, diminishing our liberties, the expansion of government and WASTE.
WAKE UP AMERICA. SAY NO TO THE AMERICAN JOBS ACT.