The following was entered into the Congressional record by Albert Herlong, Jr. (a Floridian who served in Congress from 1949-69) in 1963.
1. US acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war
2. US willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the US would be a demonstration of “moral strength”
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long term loans to Russia and Soviet Satellites
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination
7. Grant recognition of Red China, and admission of Red China to the UN.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev’s promise in 1955 to settle the Germany question by free elections under supervision of the UN
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the US has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress
10. Allow all Soviet Satellites individual representation in the UN
11. Promote the UN as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the UN as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party
Ht the Harry